We get a deeper in to the world of long distance triathlon thanks to KOA DISTANCE. A valencian Brand with a "brave" spirit that organizes triathlon events of ultraman and half ultraman.
Under the motto “BE BRAVE AND THAT’S ” opening the season 2022 with two events and distances, 257 km and 515 km.. Challenges opened to the public, where is not allowed to draft (go tire to tire with another cyclists), and with a limit of 40 participants.
An essential requirement to participate in the challenges of KOA is to have finished a long distance triathlon (3,8km swim + 180km bike + 42km run) or any equivalent challenge that supports this experience. To participate, you will at least need 1 person for assistance, although the recommended amount of assistants is 2.
Koa 257 Half Ultraman (6th, 7th and 8th of May)
It consists in completing 257 kilometers that are segmented into 3 different challenges, swimming, cycling and athletics distributed into 3 days:
- 5km of swimming, with the start at Patacona’s beach until the jetty and back to the start, completing 2 laps around this circuit.
- 72km on bike accumulating 1221 meters of positive unevenness. Doing transitions and beginning at the cycling segment at Patacona’s beach, ascending to Oronet and ending at the top of Frontera.
- 138km of cycling starting at Porta Coeli with 2600 meters of unevenness accumulated, conquering Alcublas, Almedijar, Eslida and ending on the rise of Oronet.
- 42km running a maratón and starting at Grau Unit, Beach of Malvarrosa, in the Abluferas direction to make a turn to the opposite direction to end up at the start point in Malvarrosa Beach.
Koa 515 Ultraman (3rd,4th and 5th of June)
It consists in doing 515 kilometers separated in swimming, cycling and athletics that are distributed in 3 days.
- 10km of swimming in the same circuit as in the Half Ultraman, but in this case instead of 2 laps, this challenge requires 4.
- 144km of cycling with 1752 meters of positive unevenness, with a start at Patacona’s beach going up till Frontera, Pico del Agula, Canteras and ending at in Valencia.
- 277km of cycling with a positive unevenness of 3555 meters, beginning and ending at Valencia. This route ascends to Marianet, Matet, Arenillas, El Pinat, Alcudia de Veo, Oronet North and Canteras.
- 84km running and doing the same route as in the Half Ultraman but two times to complete what would be a double marathon.
KOA DISTANCE takes care of the design and the esthetic of everything that they do, as well as taking care of the athlete. Due to this, since the birth of this brand, products have been developed in order to collaborate with its sponsors.
Bond Brands are limited editions developed for each edition of the challenge. From Gsport, we cover the confection of the cycling and the running equipment that these athletes wear during the challenges, and that could be acquired in their site. Garments where quality, innovation and performance prevail, with clean and attractive designs, so you can train and compete in any condition.
More interesting stories: